Starting a Chapter
The Grant Professionals Association (GPA) is seeking the establishment of new GPA chapters in states, cities, and regions around the country.
The Six Basic Steps to Forming a Chapter:
- Locate ten or more interested grant professionals.
- Contact your Regional Representative or GPA Headquarters.
- Determine that there are no other existing chapters in your geographic area.
- Call a meeting of interested/prospective members. This step is normally conducted by a GPA Representative. The meeting can be held face-to-face or via electronic means. A sample meeting agenda in Word format is available to assist you. At this meeting a President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer is selected. The group also approves the Chapter Bylaws, select a chapter name and establish a meeting schedule for the next twelve months.
- Submit minutes, Chapter Charter application, and other documents to Headquarters. This step is also completed by a GPA Representative.
- Collect dues and enjoy the benefits of being a GPA Chapter.
For more information about forming a GPA Chapter, contact the Regional Representative for your area.