Start Date: 2/15/2019 11:00 AM CST
End Date: 2/15/2019 2:00 PM CST
Venue Name: Macy’s Culinary Studio Location:
111 N. State Street
Chicago, IL United States 60602
Chicago Area GPA Chapter
In November, the Grant Professionals Association (GPA) held its national conference right here in Chicago! Did you miss it? Did you attend but wish you could be in two sessions at once? Good news! Our February 2019 chapter meeting will provide summaries for some of the hottest conference sessions:
- "How to Safeguard Your Grant Strategy Against Economic Forces" - Summary presented by Nancy Amicangelo
During the Great Recession in 2009, foundation giving fell by over 7%. Learn about giving trends during economic downturns and strategies that could help your organization survive, and even thrive.?
- "Developing a Multi-Site Grant System" - Summary presented by Nathan Medina, GPC
This session will discuss strategies for being effective when expanding a grant office throughout multiple sites. This will include lessons learned and challenges to be aware of.
- "Answering the Annoying Sustainability Question" - Summary presented by Sara Cohen, CFRE
We have all had to answer the “sustainability question” one way or another. This practical session will offer grant maker insights, new ways to look at the question, and strategies for answering it.
- "Collaborative Grant Writing" - Summary provided by Konnie Dulu
What do you do when a perfect collaborative grant opportunity appears to submit a joint application? Come learn how to be the lead partner and the steps to creating a fruitful and lasting partnership!?
- "Get Your Funder to Swipe Right" - Summary presented by Anya Maziak
Are your calls and e-mails to your funder going unreturned? In this session, you'll learn strategies to build, maintain and leverage strong funder relationships, and immediate action steps.?
- "Crash Course in Donor-Advised Funds" - Summary presented by Maureen Stabile, GPC
Donor Advised Funds (DAFs) are philanthropy's fastest-growing vehicle. In 2017, they accounted for more than 8% of U.S. charitable giving. This session will address what DAFs are and how they work.
Cost: $30 for GPA members (no promo code necessary, just log in to your GPA account before registering; $45 for non-members
Cancellation policy can be found here: https://gpa-chicago.org/cancellation_policy/