An A+ proposal budget provides an honest, complete, and clear picture of the total value of everything it takes to do our work successfully. It also stands as an invaluable management and evaluation tool when it comes to running the grant-funded program.
So … how do we get there from here? That’s the question we’ll explore in this down-to-earth, myth-busting session.
- You’ll understand the importance of taking a "total value” approach to budget-building, to clearly and compellingly show the value of everything it takes to do our work successfully.
- You’ll learn why the form the grantmaker gives you is the wrong tool for planning your budget … and what you can use instead
- You’ll have the chance to whip out your calculator and try your own hand at thinking through some of the “total-value” challenges in our real-life scenario - some are pretty tricky!
- You’ll get a behind-the-scenes view of how grantmakers evaluate your proposal budget – and what your budget tells them about your organization.
- And we’ll clear away the confusion around value of volunteer time, accounting for “match,” handling administrative/indirect costs, and other perennially perplexing budget issues.
BONUS: In this session, you’ll be introduced to GrantsMagic U’s exclusive Master Budget Planning Checklist and Worksheet
, a powerful planning tool to help make sure you’re crafting a budget that is comprehensive, realistic, and bullet-proof—and that will work for you, your organization, and your grantmaking partners.