- Annual Conference
- Chapter and Regional Events
- GPA Mentor Match Program
Get information on every U.S. Foundation with one search in FDO Quick Start. It’s free to register!
Clear, compelling writing is vital to all your on-the-job writing projects -- not just grant proposals.
In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn and practice simple, powerful and often overlooked techniques that will have you writing more clearly, quickly and confidently -- right away.
The focus is on presenting your message in a way that makes it as easy as possible for your reader to understand your message -- so you get the results you want!
* The big myths and misconceptions that could be sabotaging your writing without your even knowing it;
* Three fundamental strategies for writing so clearly your reader cannot possibly misunderstand your message (and 10 "hacks" for making those strategies work for you);
* The "kitchen tool" technique for dramatically improving the readability of your writing - in seconds;
* Key techniques and tools to help you organize your material for maximum impact - and why they work so well;
* Ten steps for busting through the deadly 12-12-12 Scenario and bringing your writing to life;
* Figuring it out: Who are your readers, what do they need from you, and how do you make sure you deliver?
* Advice from the top writing pros on editing, proofreading, and revising.
* BONUS RESOURCES: Everything Else You Always Wanted to Know About Good Writing (But Never Had the Chance to Ask)
This is a highly engaging hands-on learning experience, with at least 10 do-it-yourself exercises. Come prepared to work hard and have fun! You'll leave with a whole toolbox full of very practical "hacks" for clear, organized writing that you can put to work right away - to get the results you want.
GPC Competencies Addressed:
How to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application
Maryn's been a grantwriter/consultant (winning $42 million), a grant trainer, reviewer, author, speaker, mentor, and, since 2006, even a grantmaker. Her 3-D expertise lends a unique insider's viewpoint to the grantsmanship training she shares with thousands of people annually through GrantsMagic U. A dual-citizen of the grant world, Maryn may be the only person who's a member of both Grant Professionals Association (for grantwriters) and Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (for grantmakers).