Bring Your Logic Model to Life: It's more than just a required attachment
After this session, the logic model will no longer just be that attachment required by a funder. You still may not love them, but you will respect them as a dynamic tool for program planning, evaluation planning, monitoring, and coalition building. Funders may not always know what they want from the logic model, but you will have new confidence of what it can do for you!
1) Increase your knowledge for how to use the logic model throughout the entire grant seeking process
2) Increase your confidence about how to complete a logic model
3) Discuss different formats and approaches to logic models
4) Increase your skills in how to explain to program staff or clients why you need a logic model
1) More efficient grant seeking
2) More comprehensive proposals
3) New tools for grant writers to manage up, down, and around with colleagues and clients
4) Increased capacity to tell truth to power
GPC Competencies Addressed:
How to craft, construct, and submit an effective grant application
Strategies for effective program and project design and development
Julie Alsup has served as the Director of Nonprofit Engagement for Assel Grant Services (AGS) since August 2016. In her current role, she supports overall company strategy and oversees all operations within the nonprofit division of the firm. Prior to joining AGS, she served as the Grants Director for the YMCA of Greater Kansas City from 2011-2016, raising over $10 million for programs and operations during her tenure and building strong relationships with local funders.
Julie Assel, GPC, is the President of the Grant Professional Certification Institute Board of Directors and President/CEO of Assel Grant Services. She has written awarded grants totaling more than $156 million since 2003, writing both federal and foundation grants for school districts, universities, hospitals, and non-profit organizations. Julie is the past president of the Heart of America GPA Chapter and past facilitator for the GPA Consultants Special Interest Group.