Thank you for your interest in the Arizona founding Chapter of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA). We hope you will become a member of not only the international association but also our chapter. The Arizona founding Chapter is located in the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. We host our meetings and workshops throughout the valley. We also encourage smaller “get-togethers” closer to home. There might be one in your area.
WHO WE ARE
GPA is a nonprofit membership group that builds and supports an international community of grant professionals committed to serving the greater public good by practicing the highest ethical and professional standards.
The Arizona Founding Chapter strives to implement these ideals throughout Arizona by providing opportunities for professional development, networking and mentoring for our members and the greater community.
The GPA follows a strict Code of Ethics in dealing with the grant profession. All grant professionals are held to these standards and agree to follow the Code of Ethics as members of the GPA.
Members, among others, are to:
- Practice their profession with the highest sense of integrity, honesty, and truthfulness to maintain and broaden public confidence
- Adhere to all applicable laws and regulations in all aspects of grantsmanship
- Continually improve their professional knowledge and skills
- Promote positive relationships between grant professionals and their stakeholders
- Value the privacy, freedom, choice and interests of all those affected by their actions
- Ensure that funds are solicited according to program guidelines
- Adhere to acceptable means of compensation for services performed; pro bono work is encouraged
- Foster cultural diversity and pluralistic values and treat all people with dignity and respect
- Become leaders and role models in the field of grantsmanship
- Encourage colleagues to embrace and practice GPA’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Practice.
Visit https://www.grantprofessionals.org/ethics for the complete list of the GPA Code of Ethics.
The Grant Professionals Association (GPA) offers many benefits to its members. In order to become a member of the Arizona Chapter, you must first become a National member. Information on how to become a National and Chapter member can be found on the National website at www.grantprofessionals.org.
To join visit: https://www.grantprofessionals.org/join
Benefits can be found at: https://www.grantprofessionals.org/benefits
WHAT WE DO
Our chapter is very active and we host monthly workshops and networking opportunities in addition to our annual meeting in December and our plan-a-palozza event in August to help us plan the programming schedule for the next year. Our chapter has also hosted several regional conferences. In addition to these great professional development opportunities, our chapter also provides scholarships, discounts and volunteering opportunities for its members. We hope you consider joining us today. Should you have questions for the Leadership Team or the membership chair, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO REACH US
There are several ways to stay in touch with the Arizona founding Chapter. You can receive up to date information on chapter news, information and offerings:
- via email by sending us an email at email@example.com and requesting to be placed on our email distribution list,
- by liking and following us on Facebook at Grant Professionals Association, Arizona Chapter,
- by following us on Twitter @GPAArizona,
- by following us on LinkedIn, and
- on Grant Zone. As a chapter member you will be automatically added to our Grant Zone community
Please email us if you have any questions, need assistance or wish to speak with any of your Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Leadership Team
Jennie Miller, GPC
JAM Non-Profit Consulting
Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation
Save the Family Foundation of AZ
Heather Patel, GPC
City of Apache Junction
City of Glendale
Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation
Angela Gordillo, GPC
Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation
Immediate Past President
Mara Gerst, GPC
Gerst Grants & Nonprofit Consulting
Members who are serving at the national level
Janeen Gaskins- Board Member
Heather Patel – Region 2 Representative
Kristen Krey- Professional Growth and Development Committee Member
Barbara Roberts- Publications Committee (Chair)
Members who are serving at the chapter level
The Arizona Chapter offers opportunities for service. Our local committees need your help. Below is a list of committees and volunteer opportunities:
Programs – Please contact Angela Gordillo to provide ideas for future workshops
Membership- Please contact Barbara Roberts for volunteer opportunities
Members who are GPCs
There are a total of 20 GPCs in Arizona.
- Carole Berwald, Phoenix, AZ
- Lauren H. Daniels, Chandler, AZ
- Nancy Ellis, Oro Valley, Arizona
- Janeen Kymberlei Gaskins, Avondale, AZ
- Patricia M. Gregan, El Mirage, AZ
- Jennie Miller, Phoenix, AZ
- Sharon A. Skinner, Mesa, AZ
- Cheryl Weiner, Scottsdale, AZ
- Elizabeth Wilkinson, Phoenix, AZ
- Mara Gerst, Phoenix, AZ
- Kim Joyce, Phoenix, AZ
- Meredith Fisher, Phoenix, AZ
- Denise Folke, Flagstaff, AZ
- Debbie Edwards, Chandler, AZ
- Sara Wagner, Flagstaff, AZ
- Heather Patel, Apache Junction, AZ
- Heather Mayes, Phoenix, AZ
- Amanda Ripstra, Tempe, AZ
- Colleen Bivona, Tempe, AZ
- Angela Gordillo, Phoenix, AZ
For a complete list of GPCs nationwide visit http://www.grantcredential.org/credentialed-grant-professionals/.
For information on how to become a GPC visit www.grantcredential.org.
Looking for a GPA member locally or nationally?
Visit www.grantprofessionals.org; log in to the site in the upper right hand corner, click on “Online Directory” or log into GrantZone and click on “Directory”.
All of our events take place from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. unless otherwise noted. Events are subject to change.
2018 Professional Development Calendar
- January 18, 5:30 – 7:30 pm – Networking Soiree @ The Duce
- February 15 – Know the Score on Certification: Are you ready for the GPC?
- March 15 – Meet the Funders III @ Desert Botanical Garden Webster Auditorium
- April 19 – Research Metrics: Say What? How to Qualify Your Meeting
- May 17 – Leading a Team to Successful Program Development
- June 21 – Non-profit Budgets: How to Read Financial Statements
2017 Past Events
- February - USDA Presentation
- March - Meet the Funders II
- April - Explore the Possibilities
- May - Editing for a Single Voice with Multiple Writers
- August - Happy Hour
- September - Statewide Conference “Altered States: The Next Iteration of the Grants Profession”
- October - Planning for 2018
- November - GPA National Conference
- December - Annual Meeting
2016 Past Events
- January – Networking opportunity
- February – Funders Panel
- March – Indirect Costs
- April – Picture This
- May – Grant Readiness
- July – Explore the Possibilities: Learn, Serve, Connect
- August – Federal Funders Panel
- September – Compression Planning
- October – Planning for 2017
- November – National Conference in Atlanta, Georgia
- December – Annual Meeting
2015 Past Events
- January – Introduction to the GPCI Examination
- February – Active Budgeting for Compliance
- March – From “Leap” to “In Deep”: Consult the Consultants
- April – Logic Model Development for Tracking Performance
- May – Telling a Compelling Story (without writing fiction)
- September – Regional conference
- October – Plan-a-Palooza 2
- December – Arizona founding chapter annual meeting
2014 Past Events
- January – Demystifying the Federal Grant process
- February – Collecting, Analyzing, and Presenting Data in Grant Proposals Utilizing Excel
- April – Measuring Impact – Change in Communities “Impact – Influence – Leverage” Increase Resources
- June – State Funding and Resources for Non-Profits, Community Providers and Governmental Units
- September – Annual Conference
- November – Planning Palooza
- December – Annual meeting and luncheon
GPCI Competencies are covered by each event. For a complete list of competencies tested for GPC certification visit http://www.grantcredential.org/the-exam/competencies-tested/