|Below are fantastic benefits you'll receive when you are a member of the Grant Professionals Association.
If you are a current active member of GPA and you would like to take advantage of the benefits below, simply login to the website (above right) and you'll find the categories for each benefit type on the left under the Benefits category. On each page, it will list each benefit and explain how you can access the discount.
Benefits of a Membership
Professional Career Development -
- Annual Conference - GPA's annual conference has become the PREMIER grants event of the year, offering more than 70 workshops featuring the nation's top experts, round-table discussions, funder presentations, exhibitors and the popular individual proposal review sessions. GPA's annual gathering (occurs every Fall) brings together grants professionals eager to share best practices, stay abreast of trends in our field, and network with peers from across America and abroad. Members receive a discounted rate than non-members on conference registrations.
- Chapters - As new chapters continue to form in every region of the country, members have the opportunity to be a part of GPA at the local level. Chapters offer meetings, panels, lunch and learns, happy hour events and more for members to learn on a local level. A GPA membership is a prerequisite for membership in a chapter.
- Credentialing - GPA is proud to have established the nation's first valid credentialing process for grant professionals. Firm in its belief that certification should be done only within the most rigorous standards, GPA has formed an affiliated organization, the Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI). Members that are eligible to sit for the GPC exam, receive a discount on the registration fees.
- Webinars - GPA's entire catalogue of live and archived webinars are offered to GPA members for free! This represents nearly $2,400 in annual savings for members. Access more than 80 live and recorded webinars!
Making Connections/Networking -
- GrantZone Community - GrantZone is a private community for members of GPA and one of the most powerful member benefits in GPA history. It is your connection to an incredible resource – over 2,800 of your colleagues who share your challenges and successes. We hope you will find it to be a place where you can ask advice, share your experiences (and resources) and build relationships from the convenience of your computer or mobile device. And you can access the community and all of its collective knowledge 24/7. Connect with your colleagues. Share resources. Participate in discussions. Be a part of this community for Grant Professionals just like you. We encourage you to login to the community. Note: Your email address and password are the same you use for the GPA website.
- Chapters - Chapters offer members a local venue in which to network and to exchange ideas, methodologies and resources.
- Serve on a GPA Committee/Task Force - GPA depends on volunteers to help serve on the GPA Board, lead our local Chapters, maintain GPA's code of ethics, write for GPA's weekly email and much more! Aquire new expertise, enrich your career, and expand your social network/meet new colleagues by serving on a GPA Committee.
- GPA Journal (published annually) provides a forum for book and article reviews, discussions on best practices, and scholarly examination of the state of the profession, all written by top professionals from around the country and peer-reviewed by the GPA Publications Committee. Only GPA members receive free printed copies of the most current Journal. Members may receive their Journal by mail or electronically. The general public is able to view the electronic version of the current and past journal articles for free. The general public may purchase the current printed issue of the Journal for $45.
- GPA Strategy Papers are substantive, persuasive papers that encourage thoughts and discussions to increase grant professionals' skill sets. GPA Strategy Papers are promoted in the GPA Grant News and annual Journal.
- GPA Grant News, a weekly e-newsletter, keeps you informed about GPA's accomplishments, upcoming events, news, services, resources, and includes a peer-written article by other professionals in the grant industry. Grant News is delivered to members' inbox each Tuesday afternoon. Current members of GPA do not need to subscribe as members automatically receive Grant News as part of their membership.
- Consultant Directory - GPA members who are independent consultants can post their contact information and a description of services at GPA's Consultant Directory for FREE. GPA Headquarters refer inquiries from individuals searching for a grant consultant to this page daily.
- GrantZone Community - Members share sample documents, resources, job descriptions, policy documents, project ideas and more in the GrantZone Library.
- GPA Job Center - Recruit the candidates that you're looking for - and spend less time doing it. GPA represents a niche talent pool of 3,000 qualified grant professionals, and where better to find the people you need than the association that represents them? GPA members can post a 30-day job listing for only $99 (a savings of $300)!
Exclusive Offers from Partners -
- GPA Business Alliance Program - The organizations listed on the GPA Business Alliance page have joined the GPA Business Alliance Program and are providing various benefits to GPA and its members.
- Vendor Discounts - GPA members receive various discounts on grant software platforms, grant training, publications and more!