International Grant Professionals Day
International Grant Professionals Day and Week
International Grant Professionals Day and Week is the annual celebration to recognize and show appreciation to all grant professionals. Take time to celebrate the administrators, consultants, managers, grant-makers and grant proposal developers for their beneficial contributions to people, government agencies and nonprofit organizations. It is a time to honor more than 1.5 million grant professionals around the world who seek, implement and award approximately$700 billion in grant funding each year.
Celebrate Grant Professionals!
- International Grant Professionals Day is March 18, 2016
- International Grant Professionals Week is March 14-18, 2016
- Each day of the week-long celebration is devoted to an aspect of the profession
- Honoring grant seekers, grant makers, and grant project managers
Click here to download the International Grant Professionals Day Press Release.
Click here to access the IGPD Resource Center with documents and logos to help assist you in promoting the event.
International Grant Professionals Week/Day Proclamation signed by GPA Board of Directors.
Check out our Blog articles here!
International Grant Professionals Day Information
Friday, March 18th – International Grant Professionals Day
- International Grant Professionals Day Event!
- Honoring Grant People
- Recognition and Appreciation Website/Photos/Stories
- Celebration of Projects/Awards/Contests
- Event webpage/web blog
International Grant Professionals Week Information
Monday, March 14th – Grant Profession Education & Awareness Day
- Education and Awareness
- Promoting the Grant Profession
- What we do (30-second speech) tools and back up docs
- Myth-busting and misnomers
- Importance of the Profession
- Grant Professional Impact Survey
- Analysis and Future Trends
Always striving to learn best practices, contributing to the field of knowledge, and sharing the vision of a better future, grant professionals are now being recognized on an international scale for their role in moving the needle, providing capacity for nonprofits and volunteer organizations to fulfill their mission, vision and goals on the world stage.
Grant Professionals Impact Survey
Tuesday, March 15th – GPA Chapter and Community Event Day
- Chapter and Community Events
- Social Media
- Advocacy and Youth
- Advancing professionalism of the field
- Chapter Involvement and calls for action
- GPCI and the GPC credential
- Other organizations and outreach
- Training opportunities
Learn about how you can host a chapter or community level event by checking out our toolkit and resources.
Read the IGPD Letter from the GPA Board President, Nathan Medina, GPC, to all Chapters and Leaders
Read article "31 Days of GPC" by GPCI President, Bonnie Houk, GPC.
Read article "The Value of Being Grant Professional Certificed (GPC) by Diane H. Leonard, GPC.
Wednesday, March 16th – International Event Day
- International/National Events
- Worldwide Engagement
- Networking and Careers
- Giving Back and volunteering
- GPA - the Authority
- Grant Best Practices
- Group projects/Grant development
- Grant Management/Project Administration
Every day, grant professionals work diligently, often behind the scenes, to seek grant opportunities, administer projects and implement important programs that benefit many aspects of society such as children, youth, elderly, the disadvantaged, the environment, education, libraries, hospitals, etc.. These talented professionals are dedicated to providing the highest standard of ethics, quality program development, thoughtful project implementation and wise financial stewardship. Often, those standards extend beyond the mere financial and include capacity support, long term solutions to challenges, fundraising assistance, expert project management, sustainable programming and so much more.
Thursday, March 17th – Thank you! Grant Entrepreneurs, Grant Makers, Partners and Volunteer Day
- Entrepreneurs, Partners and Volunteers
- Thank you!
- Partnerships and Capacity building
- Honoring our Pioneer Awardees and trendsetters
Grant professionals everywhere rely on the efforts and expertise of critical volunteers. Without the volunteer Board members, program and service providers many grant projects would not succeed. Grant entrepreneurs and development consultants are working to craft effective grant proposals that address the needs articulated by grant makers and donors. Hand in hand these professionals serve the common good. The world needs more partners like ours!
International Grant Professionals Day/Week partners include:
Check back here for a list of our growing partners.
Become a partner of International Grant Professionals Day/Week.